5.10.12

Out the Back



As the diggers move in to start work on our garage, the shabby comfort of our lovely old back yard has begun to dissolve. All of the sudden I've come over all nostalgic for the beautiful squalor that is our untouched-by-improvements back yard.

A lady called Margaret Gallagher lived in our house all her life until a few years back, so much of the fabric and layers of life here are hers.



Once all this goes and we build the garage, extend the house, most of her traces will be gone. I'm torn because I have such a love of history, particularly everyday domestic history that paints the pictures of women's lives before mine.




Then again, a new kitchen bathroom and somewhere to park the car will be so nice. Time to get visual, which is what I should really blog with more cause I love taking pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love getting comments from blogland...